Visit "Where can I get vaccinated" or call 1-877-COVAXCO (1-877-268-2926) for vaccine information.


Vahle, Darren 2010 Evaluation


Eighteenth Judicial District - Arapahoe County Court Judge 

Honorable Darren Louis Vahle

Retention Year: 2010
Recommendation: Retain

The Eighteenth Judicial District Commission on Judicial Performance unanimously recommends that Judge Darren Louis Vahle BE RETAINED.

Judge Vahle earned his undergraduate degree from the Westmont College in 1991 and his law degree from the University of Denver College of Law in 1996. Judge Vahle serves his community coaching youth sports and participating in various church activities that benefit the underserved. He also spoke to the Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts about the court system and the constitution.

Judge Vahle has served as a Senior Deputy District Attorney for the Eighteenth Judicial District. In this capacity he supervised all felony prosecutions in Douglas County, and tried assault, sexual assault, attempted murder and two first-degree murder cases. Judge Vahle was appointed to the Arapahoe County Court of Colorado’s Eighteenth Judicial District in 2008. Judge Vahle presently presides over a 10% misdemeanor and 90% traffic docket. Judge Vahle believes in treating everyone who visits his court with respect and he demonstrates this value in his court.

The Commission reviewed written evaluations of Judge Vahle from attorneys and non-attorneys, as well as a written self-evaluation. A personal interview of Judge Vahle was conducted by the Commission, and members of the Commission observed Judge Vahle in the courtroom. The Commission was impressed that Judge Vahle’s performance exceeded the Eighteenth Judicial District’s judicial performance average in 95% of all categories when attorney and non-attorney surveys were examined. In the remaining 5% of categories, Judge Vahle’s performance was consistent with county standards. He avails himself of any judicial educational opportunities that keep him informed of cutting edge law and procedure.

The Commission finds that Judge Vahle is an excellent judge, who is serving honorably, diligently, and is a credit to the legal profession.
Of all attorneys surveyed about retention, 89% recommended to retain, 11% not to retain and 0% expressed no opinion. Of all non-attorneys surveyed, 87% recommended to retain, 8% not to retain and 6% did not express an opinion. Excluding those who had no opinion, 92% recommended to retain and 8% not to retain. (These percentages may not total 100% due to rounding.)